The mistletoe therapy is a method of herbal medicine goes back to the founder of anthroposophy Rudolf Steiner. This introduced the mistletoe preparations as cancer therapeutics.
Today mistletoe therapy is mainly used in complementary oncology (accompanying cancer treatment) as an immune stimulant.
The mistletoe extracts are mainly obtained from the leaves and not from the berries. The preparations are made from pressed juices, aqueous cold extracts, aqueous liquid extracts or from lactofermented extracts.
The most important active ingredient are sugary proteins, the so-called mistletoe lectins. Mistletoe lectin 1 (ML-1) is believed to be particularly effective. The ML-1 has an immunomodulatory effect and thus stimulates the body’s defenses.
The stimulating effect of the mistletoe extract leads to the release of cytokines, interferons and the tumor necrosis factor (mediators of the immunological reaction).
In addition, there is an increased maturation of lymphocytes (immune cells). Furthermore, the secretion of endorphins (endogenous morphines – the body’s own substances which, as neuropeptides, control the sensation of pain and the development of euphoria) increases.
In addition to lectins, there are also known viscotoxins that have a cytotoxic (toxic for cells) effect and possibly attack tumors directly.
The main modes of action of mistletoe preparations are:
- Apoptosis : Apoptosis describes the death of cells (cell death), which is triggered by genetic information in the cell itself. The lectins contained in mistletoe influence the amino acid synthesis (protein metabolism) and thus cause the onset of cell apoptosis, both in healthy cells and in cancer cells. Since cancer cells multiply more rapidly and are therefore present in large numbers, apoptosis can help reduce the number of cancer cells.
- Immune modulation : Substances such as lectins, viscotoxins and polysaccharides have a positive influence on the body’s immune response. As a result of a mistletoe injection, antibodies such as cytokines and defense cells (T helper cells, cytotoxic T cells (killer cells), and B lymphocytes or plasma cells) and scavenger cells (macrophages) are formed, which leads to a strengthening of the body’s own immune system .
- DNA-stabilizing effect : Chemotherapy often causes damage that can sometimes be prevented by mistletoe treatment. The therapy has a protective effect on the DNA.
The individual treatment depends on the type and severity of the disease. First, the tolerance of the mistletoe preparations is tested in an introductory phase.
The duration of therapy is usually two months, followed by a 4-8 week break. Thereafter the therapy is repeated. The preparation is injected subcutaneously (under the skin).
Mistletoe therapy is particularly useful for the following tumor diseases:
- Bronchial carcinoma (lung cancer)
- Bladder cancer (bladder cancer)
- Breast cancer (breast cancer)
- Gastric cancer (stomach cancer)
- Malignant melanoma (black skin cancer)
- Malignant ascites – ascites due to a tumor disease
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer)
- Laryngeal cancer (throat cancer)
- Colon Cancer / Colorectal Carcinoma – Colon and rectal cancer
- Ovarian cancer (ovarian cancer)
- Pancreatic cancer (cancer of the pancreas)
- Prostate cancer (prostate cancer)
- Cervical cancer (cervical cancer)
Clinical Studies, Publications & Sources- Here
🎬 The Unbelievable Plight of Mrs. Wright (2019)
Es ist uns eine Ehre Teil dieser Erfolgsstory zu sein. Wir können nur schwer in Worte fassen, welcher Meilensteil hiermit gesetzt worden ist. Die oben genannte Therapie hat hierzu beigetragen. Danke an Grow Vision und unsere geehrte Dr. Diana Wright❗️
JETZ DIREKT ZUM GESPRÄCH MIT DR. KLEEF
Falls die Anreise in unsere Ordination zu schwer sein sollte, bieten wir die Option an, die Erstkonsultation über Skype zu führen. In der Erstbesprechung wird der Therapieplan festgelegt, alle Befunde besprochen & die Anamnese Erhebung durchgeführt. Somit haben Sie alle Informationen für die weiteren Therapieschritte und können in Ruhe entschieden.
Besuchen Sie uns gerne direkt vor Ort: